East Coast Enduro Association: Need Info About Rear Tire Size For Enduro/harescrambles... - East Coast Enduro Association

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need Info About Rear Tire Size For Enduro/harescrambles... sorry if this is a double post or wrong place...

#1 User is offline   mike poorman 

• Board Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

First off I appologize if this is a double post or if i'm posting this in the wrong place. I thought I put this post up earlier but when I came back to check it wasn't here... so anyway....

short and sweet. I'm trying to get into enduro racing this coming season. I've been reading the ecea rules/regulations and came across a rule concerning the tire size. Although this was under the harescramble rules I want to make sure I'm going to be ok. It stated that your bike must have a 21" front tire and 18" rear. Is this only for harescrambles or is it for enduro's also? I'm running a dr650 and the stock rear is a 17" rim. I do have dot knobbies(trackmaster II's) and I have this bike set up for woods/trail riding. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just need to know before too long so I can try to get a new rim if need be. Thank you.

Mike Poorman
Poormilk@msn.com

#2 User is offline   Ed Fetzer 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ithaca Dirt Riders

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

Im no expert but Id say that rule was aimed at mini type bikes such as 85's or 100's. Preventing them from riding in the C race at a Hare Scramble. Ive never had a tech inspector look at my tire size, Enduro or Hare Scramble. I wouldnt worry about it at all. Hope this helps.

#3 User is offline   mike poorman 

• Board Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

that's what a friend also told me. that it was just to keep the smaller bikes out. i've already done a lot of work to my bike to lighten it up and still have a bit to do over winter as far as the suspension goes but it's a very bullet proof bike and more importantly i'm very comfortable on it. just trying to avoid another $500 in a rim alone so i can focus on getting the suspension done. thanks. anyone on here that knows the exact rules or any officials on here that could clear this up i would be really grateful. thanks all and thank you ed. much appreciated wink.gif

Mike Poorman
poormilk@msn.com

#4 User is offline   John Castaldi 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:01 PM

you are good..... come and ride....... join a club!!

#5 User is offline   mike poorman 

• Board Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

Thank you all for the great help. I have tried contacting SPER and seeing what I need to do exactly but haven't heard anything from them yet. The problem is I'm stuck in the middle of nothing. The closest club is SPER and that's still 2 1/2 hours from me. I was wondering what the requirements of being in this club was. I know they have monthly meetings but I was wondering what would happen if I was not able to make the drive every month? It is a bit of a drive. I guess I'll try to contact them again and see what they say. Thanks again everyone, hope to see some of you out there wink.gif

Mike Poorman
poormilk@msn.com

after further investigation someone please correct me if i'm wrong but if i joined SPER as my club i wouldn't be required to attend the meetings right? just could if i wanted to. this would certainly change things. one other thing, if i'm a member of SPER but move to Maryland would i still be allowed to be a member of SPER? thanks everyone.

This post has been edited by mike poorman: 16 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

#6 User is offline   David Glenn 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ECEA - Club Member

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

If your moving to maryland soon I would join a club closer to you in maryland unless your moving to a part of maryland close to sper. You are allowed to join a club and move to another state but if you move too far away and don't help the club with its events then they probably won't be to happy. Also your bike is fine for ecea events. Its a full size bike even with the 17 inch wheel but when you have the money for an 18 get it because the bike will handle way better. For that bike you should be running a 120 100 18. Giddy up

#7 User is offline   mike poorman 

• Board Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:01 PM

I actually have looked at a couple clubs in the MD/DE area. I'll be in the Ocean Pines/Ocean City area when I get there. Just not sure how soon that will be. I know for sure it won't be until after April or May at the earliest. Just have to say thank you all for all the help. Means a lot to me.

Mike Poorman
poormilk@msn.com

#8 User is offline   Mike Vanovich 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ECEA - Club Member

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

SORR would be happy to have you, check us out. We don't care if you make the meetings ( one member moved to Delaware, one is in Maryland, another moved to NY) but we do require you help at the enduro in Blain. Plus you'll get to ride the National course for free!

#9 User is offline   mike poorman 

• Board Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:13 AM

Really? That's outstanding! Thank you, I'll look into it. I haven't heard back from HMDR or SPER. I'm guessing there's a SORR website with all the info about the Blain enduro and everything? Thank you again

Mike Poorman
poormilk@msn.com

found the link to their website wink.gif

Mike Vanovich i sent you an email

This post has been edited by mike poorman: 18 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users