• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Enduros requirements

#1 User is offline   Dale Sonnenschein 

• Board VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hello, I want to ride some enduros this year and I see the ECEA has a few in march. My questions are, 1- in new york off road bikes can only be registered with ATV plates. Is this good for ECEA events in NJ? 2- I joined the ECEA a few years ago and my card shows me as a C rider. In the harescramble series I ride, I am in the A class. I would like to ride in the A class for enduro's too.Can I do that? 3- Are enduro's still a time keeping event? 4- what do i need to hold my score card to the fender? THanks for any help. It's been a long time since I have rode an enduro.I am psyched to get riding since the winter has been so long by me (and alot of others, I'm sure).
Thanks
Dale

#2 User is offline   CARL REHATCHEK 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Central Jersey Competition Rider
  • Interests:Trial riding and enduros..The rougher the better..
    Watching old people get older

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Dale

Duct tape it in front of the headlight to the fender.. that is the fastest way to get scored.. You could do the scorecard holder but sometimes it could mess with a checkers ability to write on it cleanly and properly .

#3 User is offline   Matt Ryder 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ECEA Member
  • Interests:Trail Riding

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:27 AM

At the few enduros that I've participated in [Barbwire (NY/PA), Speedsville (NY), Rattlesnake (PA)], no one with a NY ATV Plate had any problems, as long as they had an affixed head light, tail light, quiet exhaust, and liability insurance for their motorcycle.

The STER Barbwire Enduro would be a great first enduro to try this weekend. biggrin.gif

#4 User is offline   Norman E. Foley 

• "Has too much time at work to surf the Internet"
  • Group: Ithaca Dirt Riders
  • Interests:Being in the woods.... on foot, bicycle or motorcycle!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

Looks like Dale figured it out.....

#5 User is offline   Dale Sonnenschein 

• Board VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:36 AM

Getting there Norm. I gotta give all the credit to rich heins. He's helped me alot.

#6 User is offline   James Lasco 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Hunting, Trapping,Shooting,Nascar,Dirt Track Auto Racing and anything with motorcycles.

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:36 AM

What about a PA ATV plate?? I race a YZ-WR with the head light and tail light.

#7 User is offline   Matt Ryder 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Trail Riding

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

You can't get a PA ATV Plate for a 2-wheeler; must have at 3 or more wheels to get a PA ATV Plate.

The good news is, with a little work, you can still get a street plate for a dirt bike in PA.

#8 User is offline   James Lasco 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Hunting, Trapping,Shooting,Nascar,Dirt Track Auto Racing and anything with motorcycles.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

I have a registered and insured Yamaha 4 wheeler. And if I remember it has ATV on the plate. That shows you how much I use it. It sits all summer and use it for plowing snow in the winter.

#9 User is offline   Frank Weaver 

• Group: Delaware Enduro Riders

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

Dale:

I copied this from the ECEA rule book on this site, regarding classes to enter.

III. CLASSIFICATION OF RIDERS AND POINTS
A. Riders are classified by experience level as “C riders”, “B riders”, “A riders” and “AA riders”. Advancement from C rider (beginning rider) to B rider will take place on January 1 after the C rider has accumulated 150 C points based on the schedule outlined in Section III.I.2. C riders may not ride the B classes until notification of advancement has been received from the ECEA Points Keeper. Advancement from B rider to A rider will be made as soon as the AMA advances. Riders placing in the top 15 overall standing for the preceding year are designated AA for the following year. Any rider classified as AA/Pro for any series shall ride AA for all ECEA series at the discretion of the ECEA. Advancement points are accumulated from year to year.
B. It is the rider’s responsibility to enter the A class in all enduros as soon as he has received his or her “A” notification (ECEA or AMA). If a rider receives an ECEA A card only and feels he is not qualified to be an A rider, he may appeal in writing to the ECEA Referee. If a rider receives an AMA A card and feels he is not qualified to be an A rider, he or she may appeal to the AMA through the procedure outlined in the AMA Rule Book

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users