• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

50 Races

#1 User is offline   Gerald Peklak 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Valley Forge Trail Riders
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes and Hunting

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

I think separating the 50's from the larger PeeWees has been a good thing for the little guys. It has been safer, more controlled and a better environment for the smallest riders although some of these kids really fly. With an extra race in the schedule this class has now been cut off at around 30 minutes running time with some races in the 20's. Looking at three of the surrounding series they are 40 min to an hour minimum, twice of what we are running. Could there be any consideration to extending their riding time a bit?

#2 User is offline   John Castaldi 

• Administrator
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

the only time they seem to really get cut short is in the One-day events. Hopefully there won't be too many of them next year.

#3 User is offline   Kenneth Held 

• ECEA Executive Board - Vice President
  • Group: Ocean County Competition Riders
  • Interests:ECEA Vice President
    HARE SCRAMBLES COMMITTEE

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostJohn Castaldi, on 02 November 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

the only time they seem to really get cut short is in the One-day events. Hopefully there won't be too many of them next year.

Hey Gerald

This is true unfortunately. The race at CDR was cut short because the club felt that they were going to run out of time towards the end of the day with the later events due to the 50cc restart. Believe me, this was not something that I was made aware of nor would have allowed but unfortunatley it was too late and the white flag was already thrown at the 20 minute mark. Most all the other races in 2011 were 40 minutes plus one lap. We hope to keep them consistant for 2012.

Sincerely

Kenny Held

#4 User is offline   Wayne C Grenewicz li 

• "Has too much time at work to surf the Internet"
  • Group: Ridge Riders M.C.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

View PostJohn Castaldi, on 02 November 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

Hate to say it but this format doesnt work for me. I work way to much to give up doing things on sat(around the house) for the kids to ride a half hour and have nothing to do all day sunday. yes some kids hang out, others split, and others hide in motorhome all day playing video games( not what I want my kids doing). they like bicycle and doing stuff but most of the time the parking lot is busy on sunday. this maybe why some parents give up riding more events and could be why more kids dont get to ride more events. not only that but wife and daughter have to come and help so two days for dad and sons and no days for wife and daughter. I like running around on sunday for a one day event just my thoughts. wnyoa run 45min 50 @8:30 , 1 hr pewee @8:35,1hr youth@9:45 and 2 hr main@11:30 and done by 1:30 d6 doing close to the same, we are doing two days and still not done till 4 or 5 on sunday

#5 User is offline   Gerald Peklak 

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Wayne, I wish it was one day and my wife and girls would come to so I can race. It is tough and having an extra 50's race makes everything tighter. I'm not sure of the answer but it is tough to get your family to the races two full days so Dad and jr can race but that is just life. Most dads need to ride less to make this work until the kids get older unless your whole family loves being at the track all weekend.

The schedule you mentioned must have two tracks with an egg beater at the scoring which would speed things up. There are pros and cons to the 1 day vs. 2 day and 2 days is tougher on families but other local series do it with much sucess.

These little guys are the minority but also the future.They ride bikes that are minature versions of ours, they practice and prepare more than you would think. They go to bed and wake up early since they are always the first race.The KTM SX50 has the same power to weight ratio as CR250 2 stroke and they ride faster than many of the older kids on bigger bikes that get to race for an hour. It is easy to under estimate the importance of the youth racers. Thanks to all the guys that volunteer their time to make this happen.

#6 User is offline   Ted Marriner 

• Group: ECEA - Club Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

Here's how we work it out in VA. http://vchss.org/pag...hss_classes.htm . The Mini kids are on the same course as the main event and C event. The Horizon Riders (PeeWee and Jr Mini) are on a separate course from the Mini riders but they can share the C/Main course. We have used this setup for many successful years. The only change was the race length for the kids. We run the PeeWee for 30 Minutes and the Jr Mini's for 40. A few years ago they were only doing 15 minutes and 20 minutes but now they get 30 and 40. The only time we are slightly delayed is when you have an extremely muddy event and the C guys can't get cleared enough to get the main going on time. This year that only happened one time with a 30 minute delay. Most times the parents of the Jr Mini racers who ride the C event come to the Jr Mini event in their gear ready to go. They can see all of the event and then make it to the start of the C event. Most race locations the Mini and Horizon courses are close enough so that the parents of multiple children can be near each event. Just put out there for information purposes to consider.

#7 User is offline   Wayne C Grenewicz li 

• "Has too much time at work to surf the Internet"
  • Group: Ridge Riders M.C.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Gerald I think the other series does this with success because location mostly southern jersey and a great deal of riders are pretty local 30 45 minute easy take kids home and go back in morning. also have pit bike races and bicycle challenge never seen any of it but always see it advertised. as for ride less I only get to ride when racin and commute 4miles on a motard if im lucky with all the rain this summer. look at my overall wow what a drop.

#8 User is offline   Gerald Peklak 

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

I think you are right Wayne on the location Wayne the Jersey races do get lots of kids. I don't know how you do it with two 50 riders.

#9 User is offline   Mike Soudas 

• Group: Admin
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Engineering, Auto Painting, ECEA

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Good comments but regardless we cannot please every person in our association or in other associations or every rider..

The ECEA has some of the most unique and diverse riding, the venues are all so different and each club adds their twist.. this makes for great events instead of the some old course a couple times a year or the short courses.. Longer course can be tough and not attractive as short tracks are boring etc,,, Again no pleasing all..

If we had a 6-9 event series planned in the best time of the year with the best days for daylight racing and ONE set crew of organizers and staff then 1 day events may work out as they fit the bill..
But then for youth guys that want to run Saturday and Sunday, the ECEA can allow for riders to ride withb us on Saturday then do a Districy, MX , Netra, VCHSS or whatever Sunday has...

Great comments and hope to see all in 2012 as it is going to be awesome

#10 User is offline   Gerald Peklak 

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:25 AM

True you can't please everyone and I an not opposed to the two day, I really just wanted to try to suggest a little more time on he 50's races to make it worth while for those parents and racers driving 5 hours.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users