East Coast Enduro Association: 2012 Ktm xc250 2 stroke - East Coast Enduro Association

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2012 Ktm xc250 2 stroke updates from testing

#31 User is offline   JIM AIELLO 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Central Jersey Competition Rider
  • Interests:bikes

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Mike,

Which head should I send you next. The xc250 or sx250? Sx is on my 2012 and I have the mod you did on the 2011 xc250. So I have the 2011 xc head sitting here.

Guys,

Thanks for the fuel feedback. I hate the Vp 4.4 for the price and because I used it straight on my xcf250 and it caused the piston ring to stick inside the piston. I've since used 50/50 pump dilution along with an ethanol fuel adative. The power gain is the most noticeable of any fuel I've tried. I also hear horror stories of what it does inside the carb. I drain the fuel after I ride but I also hear guys use a sub tank after the ride and run the bike with 2stroke pump mix.

I've been riding the 2011/2012 back to back in the rocks. The huge diference with linkage vs PDS is that the linkage offeres a lot more traction. Crucial for 2strokes especially. Sometimes I wonder if that extra 8lbs because of linkage helps in that. Pds bumps up over rocks while linkeage rolls over them. The disadvantage to this comes if you are a sit down rider. Some "hits" rock your spine. At fist I increased some spring preload and softened the compresion. But this was not good. the opposite worked better. Decrease preload (40/110) and increase compression clicker. The linkage also likes to jump/launch well over rocks. Pds seems to be a lot more comfortable for trail riding.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users