East Coast Enduro Association: Reading Anthracite Permits - East Coast Enduro Association

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reading Anthracite Permits Youth Training Certificates

#1 User is offline   Denny Mann 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: South Penn Enduro Riders
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Skiing, Bicycles, and Wine

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

For the parents of kids under the age of 16 who ride Reading Anthracite and need a training certificate. I have Motorcycle Safety Foundation DirtBike and DCNR ATV Youth Safety classes in March and April. They are 5 hour classes that cover all types of riding and are required for kids to ride Reading Anthracite. The March DirtBike class already has 3 students with the limit of 8. All 3 kids are riders and need the certificate for this purpose so this is not a class for beginners. The type of class in April will depend on the 1st student that enrolls. For information call me @ 717-532-6439 and sign up.

#2 User is offline   Nick Sperduto 

• Board VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Central Jersey Competition Rider

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

Denny does a nice job with classes. He did a beginner class for my son a couple years ago. Now I just need to keep that card from his class for another 4 years :-( and he can ride RAC.

#3 User is offline   James Lasco 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ECEA Member
  • Interests:Hunting, Trapping,Shooting,Nascar,Dirt Track Auto Racing and anything with motorcycles.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hey Denny, Is there an age limit on how young a rider must be to be able to do any of your classes?? I have a 7 1/2 year old. And after reading what you wrote, I was thinking this would help my son on riding his bike (TTR-50).

#4 User is offline   Denny Mann 

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

James your son would be just fine for a lesson. At that age MSF limits me for good reasons to 4 students and no riders over 9 years old. Nick's son was in this age range when he had his class on his 50. As it was Nick brough 2 50 cc bikes and the other kid in the class ended up riding Nick's spare bike. Just give me a call @ 717-532-6439 if you have questions or go to http://www.dirtbikeschool.org/

#5 User is offline   Nick Sperduto 

• Board VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Central Jersey Competition Rider

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yes, Harry was 6 at the time and had ridden in the yard a couple times. The class was great, taught him things that I take for granted and wouldn't think to tell him.
I highly reccomend it.
Nick

#6 User is offline   Denny Mann 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

I have my 1st 2 classes posted on http://www.dirtbikeschool.org/ and enrolement is open. The classes are held on the 4th Saturday beginning in March.

#7 User is offline   Denny Mann 

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

3 kids enroled in the March 24th class with room for 8.

#8 User is offline   Loren Hamblin 

• Board Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

any more of these going on? I tried the site and didn't find anything. Also, i have a 12 and 14 yr. olds that are reasonably competent riders (although more training never hurt anyone). would they fit in?

Thanks. Loren

#9 User is offline   Denny Mann 

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

I run a class on the 4th Saturday of every month and I will hold 2 classes this month back to back because my loaner bikes are in. If you can't find me on the MSF site your search is to short. Just put in my zip code and my school will come right up, 17251.

http://www.dirtbikeschool.org/

http://www.willowhil...ing_season.html

#10 User is offline   SCOTT SIEGMEISTER 

• Group: ECEA - Club Member
  • Interests:MOTORCYCLES,SKIING,FISHING AND GUNS

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

I had my kids take the class two years ago, we have a house in Upstate New York in the Tug Hill Area and we got stopped by a sheriff when we went to another area to ride. He was very nice to say the least and explained to us that they can ride on the public trail system if the kids bikes are registered and the have a Safety Foudation Class.

I ended up taking the class with the kids from another ECEA member then just to see if I could learn something new, I have to tell you that I have been riding and racing for forty four years and I learned a bunch of new things, VERY COOL!

This seems to be the way things are going in the states with the kids having a safety class, I am all for it.

Maybe the ECEA and the rest of the clubs should start making it a requirement for any kid that is in the club to take this course. Not only do they do skills after skills on the bike, learn about safety, they are taught to respect others on the trail, hikers, people on horseback, mountain bikers etc. to co-exist!

Regards,

Scott

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users