East Coast Enduro Association: Frame size KTM 105 - East Coast Enduro Association

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frame size KTM 105

#1 User is offline   David O'Sullivan 

• "Has too much time at work to surf the Internet"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm trying to find out if there is any difference between the frame on an 85 an a 105. I don't think there is just want to know for sure. Straight up from the footpeg to the low point of the seat on my son's 85 is 20 inches. If someone with a 105 could please measure that for me I'd really appreciate it. Anyone know if any company is making a tall seat for that bike? These growth spurts are killing me.

#2 User is offline   SCOTT SIEGMEISTER 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ECEA - Club Member
  • Interests:MOTORCYCLES,SKIING,FISHING AND GUNS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hi David, my oldest son is on a KTM 105 the bikes are identical except for the wheels and topend, that is it.

When I bought the 105 for him it was to tall he rode it for a week like that and then I bought a set of 85 wheels, 85 topend and a shaved down stock seat. I swapped the wheels out and installed the seat, PRESTO he was ripping on the bike immediatey.

I just put my youngest son on the 105 with the shaved down seat because he out grew his 65 and another perfect fit. I have to install the big wheels know because he grew a lot again.

In regards to a tall seat, I bought a cover and gave it to my friend who built me a tall seat, MAJOR difference!

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet and bought an KTM 85, pretty soon though. When I am ready I will reach out to you to see if you still have the bike.

Best regards,

Scott

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users