East Coast Enduro Association: Delaware State Enduro 2012 Format Change ! - East Coast Enduro Association

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Delaware State Enduro 2012 Format Change !

#16 User is offline   David Medeiros 

• Awesome!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Motorcycle Competition Inc.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostDane Schoemeberg, on 15 March 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

:) awesome out with the old in with the new!!!

Exactly! Time to evolve. I'll be there with some Hare Scramble racers

#17 User is offline   chris stonebrink 

• Board Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Last year was my first time runing it and everyone i talk to said its was tough but i can say make it longer and harded lets see who the boys are and who the men are cmon and i will be back\

#18 User is offline   george maybroda 

• "Has too much time at work to surf the Internet"

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

I am quitting the club so I can ride it!!!!!

#19 User is offline   vince monks 

• Board Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Southern Tier Enduro Riders

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Im not big on the start control format. Kind of like playing the time keeping game. Still don't see 'um flocking to the event for the time keeping aspect. If it was a closed course event where people could drag whatever's in the shed out to ride then you might have something.Either way best of luck and yes I'll probably be there.

#20 User is offline   John Castaldi 

• Administrator
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Online entry for Delaware is OPEN!!!! Come on guys, you know this is going to be a great time

#21 User is offline   dale sweigart 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Reading Off Road Riders
  • Interests:anything motorized, dangerous, and/or fun

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I applaud DER for trying something different . Anyone who knows what Delaware has to offer ,trail wise , will back me up...this will be a stellar event with or without timekeeping. great job guys!

#22 User is offline   Mark Schleeweis 

• Group: Delaware Enduro Riders

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

I'm curious about peoples opinion. I'm not posting on this post due to me being a DER member. Preferably I'd rather try to put on a closed course time keeper and then bludgen you to death with rain and long endles sections AND time keeping games!

But with that being said I'm curious to see the turn out for our run and Tricounty. I'm not trying to pit the two clubs against each other with this question. What would you choose if regardless of the club or event.

1. A traditional time keeper with closed course
2. All start controls but not closed course

Again the only reason I ask this is so that we have more info as to what time of event a club might want to put on to appease the masses. I'm not saying DER can get closed course status I'm just curious in general.

I'd choose #1.

#23 User is offline   Mark Schleeweis 

• Group: Delaware Enduro Riders

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Dane your opion doesn't matter...you couldn't tell time with a digital watch!

#24 User is offline   JIM AIELLO 

• Group: Central Jersey Competition Rider
  • Interests:bikes

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

It's a great thing to TRY. There's always next year to revert. I admit I will miss the trickery. Delaware has always been Saturday night homework session going over the route sheet. I knew 2 years ago you guys were going to throw in a check before the sluice even though there was a course split option. Time keeping is our aging racer's edge. However change is a good thing in this case as long as we do not loose potential trails because of it. You guys put on great events. Just hope it's dry.

Always great stories about your event. Most of which are about the time keeping trickery. In 1996 Mike Moore (AA) saw that 1mph section after the sluice and knew to hold up. I mean you walk faster than 1 mph he said. mike had bike problems but shared his finding with a fellow OCF member Jeff Kirchner (AA). Jeff zeroed it and most of the other national riders burnt it badly. Yes it was a national with Ty Davis, Randy Hawkins, and Rodney Smith in attendance. As a result Jeff got like 3rd overall. Wow! still a great story till today.

#25 User is offline   Jimmy King 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Southern Tier Enduro Riders

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostMark Schleeweis, on 15 March 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

I'm curious about peoples opinion. I'm not posting on this post due to me being a DER member. Preferably I'd rather try to put on a closed course time keeper and then bludgen you to death with rain and long endles sections AND time keeping games!

But with that being said I'm curious to see the turn out for our run and Tricounty. I'm not trying to pit the two clubs against each other with this question. What would you choose if regardless of the club or event.

1. A traditional time keeper with closed course
2. All start controls but not closed course

Again the only reason I ask this is so that we have more info as to what time of event a club might want to put on to appease the masses. I'm not saying DER can get closed course status I'm just curious in general.

I'd choose #1.

I would also choose #1. But like mentioned above it is coming extremely close to not even breaking even for some clubs to put on a traditional timekeeper. We have been wanting to try it as well, but since getting a permit for a closed course in NY is almost impossible, we have not yet. We have always assumed that if we had a closed course and all start control format the numbers would come. One or the other? Thank you to DER and Tri-County for testing the waters! Now we will see what draws more numbers.

#26 User is offline   chris bohnyak jr 

• Group: Ocean County Competition Riders

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

have the race however you want. time keeping.. national format.. as long as its a closed course they will come..

Delete my last post???

#27 User is offline   Jeffrey Pasqua 

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostMark Schleeweis, on 15 March 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Dane your opion doesn't matter...you couldn't tell time with a digital watch!

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH....... :lol:

I like how you guys are thinking. It will give you an idea of what the riders want and like Jim said, you can always revert if attendance does not improve. 9am Key time :)

Its all good!

#28 User is offline   John Castaldi 

• Administrator
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Please be reminded that this thread is in the "event promotion" section of the PUBLIC section. Please keep discussions about the merits of traditional vs national formats in the private section. Delaware should be commended on trying something new.

#29 User is offline   Bryan Shaffer 

• Group: No Card No Club

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Sorry to see it go to a start control format.

I thought lower speeds, shorter timed sections, well placed resets, or a combination of all would be a better option, however you guys have a tough job and I wish you the best of luck and hope things go well.

Sorry to say I will be staying with the timekeepers (What little I do race) and will sit this year out (For DER anyway).

#30 User is offline   Jeff Fitzpatrick 

• Group: No Card No Club

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Meteor has some new members and they want to get into the runs big this year....I will encourage them to go to the run along with the regular Meteor folks. We are all family here...even if it's not exactly what we want or like we should support one another if and when possible.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users